Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Fruit of Our Labor



We called together those who have recently graduated or are about to graduate. There were around 40 who showed up! This was a first step to create community among the graduates and to share the vision behind these key times of fellowship. After the event, Mirella, an Education major, encouraged us with these thoughts…

It was like a day of harvest. The laborers (you all) had worked hard for a long time and on a day like today, you saw all of the fruit come together. And there, at the BBQ, everyone was celebrating because of the work that God had done. It filled my heart with thankfulness. It was the first time that I really understood what you all have done and are doing here with us: preparing us to be laborers full of the Spirit to be a blessing wherever we go. It is so much more than making Campus Outreach missionaries. You all have been incredible instruments in the hands of God to equip us to go and bare fruit wherever we are in life.
I thought about the privilege that I am going to have as a teacher. Imagine me with a class of 30 children each year and being used by God to speak to them about Him! In 5 years, I would have had the privilege to influence 150 children. Just thinking about them coming to know the Father overjoyed my heart and gave me so much hope! Thank you so much for everything! Thanks for being available to serve us. Your labor was never in vain!”

Please pray for wisdom for us as we are in the beginning stages of helping the graduates as they face many questions in this new phase of life. Pray that each of them would walk with God and labor for a lifetime. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous mary dempsey said...

Just wanted to say that this really did touch my heart. Maybe because I was a teacher or maybe because it made me so proud of all of you. Keep up the good work! love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home