Monday, April 10, 2006

The Rocket

On a the continuing theme of what God did on our beach project, we'd like to share a testimony from one of the students involved with our ministry at the Physical Education faculty.

The beach project was just one more thing that God used to transform my life. For my entire life, I have struggled with what others thought of me. My cousins used to tease me about my appearance and I even went so far as to shave my head because my cousins had me convinced I was going bald. Fearing that people would see me losing my hair, I chose to just shave it all off to make it look like I did it on purpose. This of course is just one example of how I was imprisoned by others' acceptance. I was able to confess to my roommates on the beach project about my fears and began to experience the truth of Proverbs 27:17: "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

God has also grown my understanding of community.I participated in "community" but I didn't experience it. The beach project gave me the chance to experience the benefits of a community of Christian believers, and the support and the vision that it brings. ---Alberth


Thanks for all you've done to invest in the life of Alberth and others like him.

Please be praying for us over the next few weeks. We feel as if we are riding a rocket. The Cross Cultural teams arrive in one month and not only do we want to be prepared, we need to connect with God and feel him working in our own lives to transform us. Financial pressures, the phase of life we are in with young children, staff and ministry transitions, as well as our own sins all join together to keep our hearts distracted from the work Christ wants to do in us too. Thank you for being here with us. We don't feel alone, because of each of you and because of Christ.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger the swartys said...

Hope you guys are having a great start to the week. Wow it is May already! What do you guys have coming up with life and ministry? Prayin for ya and take care.
swartys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home